THINGS TO AVOID WHILE KAYAKING
- Avoid alcohol while kayaking.
- Don't over pack. Taking too much stuff you don't need will make things less enjoyable.
- Avoid Low head dams or stringers.
- If your new, avoid kayaking alone in an area you're unfamiliar with.
- Know your limits and what you are capable of.
- Adjust your course or plan for the weakest kayaker in your group.
- When in a group of new kayakers place someone with experience in a leadership role as a guide.
- Do not underestimate the power of water and the dangers of that power especially around any obstructions and adverse currents they create.
- Know and understand, weather conditions and water levels for the day you wish to kayak and how that will affect your kayak experience.
- Do take water and snacks. Even on short trips.
- Never leave without a first aid kit.
- Never leave without someone knowing your plan of where you will be and what time you will be home
MUST READ RESOURCES BEFORE YOU HIT THE WATER
The Dangers of Kayaking in Greene County from Fishandboat.com
Wish to add to this list? Contact us